How to Prepare for SSC JE Exam 2023?
SSC JE Preparation Tips 2022: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will release the official notification for the SSC JE exam on August 12, 2022. The SSC JE exam is scheduled to be conducted in November 2022. With the exam date approaching, candidates need to prepare for the exam well to clear the recruitment process. This article has provided detailed preparation tips and strategies so that candidates can ace the examination.
Candidates can apply for the SSC JE exam until September 2, 2022. The officials are yet to announce the admit card release dates, and candidates who will successfully complete the application process will be able to download the admit card from the official website of SSC. Those candidates who will apply for the exam need to refer to the preparation tips provided in this article so that they can overcome the challenges in the preparation stage and clear the exam. Read on to know more.
Subject-wise SSC JE Preparation Tips
The SSC JE subject-wise preparation strategies are listed below; if applicants follow them carefully, they can easily pass the SSC JE exam.
1. SSC JE Tips for General Intelligence
In this section, the questions will be based on logical reasoning topics like data sufficiency, linear and circular arrangement, direction and distances, number-based analogies, etc.
- Refer to the previous year’s papers and prepare for this section. This will help you to know the types of questions asked and the difficulty level of the questions.
- Go through the solved papers and understand the logic thoroughly. Practice different types of questions with varying difficulty levels.
2. SSC JE Tips for General Awareness
In this section, you need to be up-to-date regarding the current events.
- Read newspapers and follows daily news and current affairs. Make sure you don’t spend too much time, rather fix a certain time for the same.
- The syllabus is very large thus, refer to the previous year’s paper and prepare accordingly.
- Just being aware of the day-to-day news will also be good.
- Take online quizzes regularly.
3. SSC JE Tips for General Engineering (Civil/ Structural or Electrical or Mechanical)
This section is different for different engineering streams. In-depth, core engineering knowledge is very much required. The candidate must be very clear with the basics and must have good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Part of the questions will be based on theoretical concepts; once you are good with your concepts, you can easily answer such questions.
- To solve numerical problems, you need to be good with the theoretical knowledge, its application, formulae and problem-solving skills.
- Practice in a time-bound manner and get exposed to various types of problems. Refer to example problems at your initial stage of preparation.
- You will come across more theory-based questions when compared to numerical based. Thus, try to solve the theory-based questions as it will take less time because you either know the answer or don’t know.
How to Prepare for SSC JE?
You need to analyze the factors affecting your preparation and build a strategy. Every aspirant has his own study strategy and planning. However, we are going to provide you with some tips and key points which will help you in SSC JE Preparation. Some general preparation tips for SSC JE are as under:
- Know The Syllabus: Go through the SSC JE Syllabus and SSC Exam Pattern thoroughly. Segregate the topics according to the difficulty level.
- Create A Realistic Time Table: Prepare a realistic timetable and follow it strictly. But also be open to modifying the timetable when required. Allocate more time to difficult topics.
- Develop Reading Habits: Allocate some time every day to read newspapers, current affairs magazines, and various books on engineering subjects. Keep yourself updated with all important events and issues of the last six months.
- Clear Your Basics: Read the theory behind every concept and have your basics clear for every concept.
- Make Notes: Try to make your own notes to help you revise quickly. If not possible, try to highlight the key points.
- Memorize Formulas: All the formulas should be at your fingertips. Practice them regularly so that you do not forget them.
- Go Through Example Problems: Going through example problems will help you understand the steps to solve problems.
- Go Through Previous Year Papers: Go through the previous year’s question papers and check the weightage of different topics, the type of questions asked and their difficulty level. Master the topics having higher weightage. Take at least the past 5-10 years of question papers and solve them.
- Solve Sufficient Practice Questions: You must practice diligently and be in a position to answer any type of questions asked on any topic.
- Take Mock Tests: Taking SSC JE mock tests will help you clearly understand where you are standing and where you need to improve. You will also get used to the pressure of taking exams.
- Improve Your Test-Taking Skills: Scoring well also depends upon how wisely you select the questions to answer and how efficiently you use your time. Make sure to improve your overall test-taking skills and develop a smart strategy to take the exam.
SSC JE Exam Pattern
SSC JE is a two-tier exam. This means the selection process consists of 2 stages.
- Stage 1: It is an online Test for 200 marks for two hours.
- Stage 2: It is an offline exam for 300 marks for two hours.
To prepare for the SSC JE exam, you need to be well prepared in your respective core engineering branches (i.e., Civil & Structural or Electrical or Mechanical) and in subjects like General Intelligence and General Awareness. The total time duration is 2 hours (120 minutes).
SSC JE Paper 2 Exam Pattern
Paper 2 is a descriptive (written Examination) carrying 300 marks and the total time duration is 2 hours. Paper 2 is different for different engineering branches. Candidates can only choose any one paper to attempt.
Part A – General Engineering (Structural and Civil)
Part B – General Engineering (Electrical)
Part C – General Engineering (Mechanical)
SSC JE Preparation Books
Best Books For SSC JE General Intelligence (Reasoning):
- i) A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Agrawal
Best Books For SSC JE General Awareness:
- i) Newspapers and Daily News
- ii) Lucent General Knowledge
- iii) Manorama Yearbook
Best Books For SSC JE General Engineering:
Refer to your respective engineering books to be very clear with your basics and then go for sample papers.
Part A – Civil / Structural Engineering
- a) SSC Junior Engineer Civil and Structural Engineering Recruitment Exam Guide By Disha Prakashan
- b) SSC Junior Engineer Civil and Structural Engineering Exam Practice Word Book by Kiran Publication.
- c) SSC CPWD – MES Junior Engineers Examination Civil Engineering by GK Publication.
Part B – Electrical Engineering
- a) Kiran SSC Junior Engineering Exam Electrical Guide -Cum-practice workbook by Kiran Prakashan.
- b) SSC Junior Engineers (Cpwd/Cwc/Mes) Electrical Engineering 15 Practice by GK Publication.
- c) Juniors Engineers Electrical Examination Guide: Electrical Engineering (Popular Master Guide) by Ramesh Publishing
Part C – Mechanical Engineering
- a) SSC Junior Engineer (Mechanical) Exam Guide by Ramesh Publication.
- b) Kiran’s SSC Junior Engineering self-study Guide cum Practice Book.
- c) SSC CWC / MES 2015 Mechanical Engineering (Junior Engineering Recruitment Exam ) by GK Publication.
SSC JE Preparation FAQs
Some of the FAQs related to SSC Junior Engineer 2022 preparation tips are as under:
Q. How many papers are there in the SSC JE exam?
Ans. There are two papers namely paper 1 and paper 2 in the SSC JE exam.
Q. How to prepare for the SSC JE exam?
Ans. To prepare for the SSC JE exam, candidates practise mock test series daily. Also, they should have complete information on exam patterns and marking schema.
Q. What is the selection process for the SSC JE exam?
Ans. The SSC JE selection process consists of 3 stages i.e. paper 1, paper 2, and the Document Verification process.
Q. Is there any medical test in SSC JE?
Ans: No, there is no medical test for recruitment to the JE post.
Q. For how many marks SSC JE paper 2 is conducted?
Ans. SSC JE paper 2 is conducted for 300 marks.