Life of a Junior Engineer after clearing SSC JE
very year, the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the SSC JE examination every year to recruit eligible engineers for the role of Junior Engineer. Most of the engineers who prepare for and attempt the SSC JE examination secure the position of Junior Engineer. Securing a decent rank in this exam helps to have a positive impact on the professional life of a Junior Engineer. It makes it essential for the Staff Selection Commission Junior Engineer aspirants to take the best guidance for the SSC JE online preparation.
What is Junior Engineer’s life after clearing SSC JE?
It’s natural to have a question regarding the life after clearing SSC JE examination with the required marks, especially if you have recently started your Staff Selection Commission Junior Engineer exam preparation. Here are the different aspects linked to Staff Selection Commission Junior Engineer that every SSC JE aspirant must be aware of this before commencing with their Staff Selection Commission Junior Engineer online preparation.
Departments of SSC JE:
The first phase in a Junior Engineer’s life after clearing SSC JE is finding out the department in which he is placed after selection via the Staff Selection Commission Junior Engineer exam. This phase of the professional life of a Junior Engineer is followed by a series of developments concerning the SSC JE profile. Here are the departments and roles in which the newly selected Junior Engineers are placed successfully.
- The department of the Central Water Commission recruits for the role of Junior Engineer in the Civil and Mechanical Engineering field.
- The Department of Post (DP) offers the role of Junior Engineer in the Civil and Electrical Engineering field.
- The Central Public Works Department, also known as CPWD, selects Junior Engineers specializing in Civil and Electrical Engineering.
- The Military Engineering Service (MES) has openings for the roles of Junior Engineers in the field of Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. This segment also offers the opportunity to work as the Quantity Surveying and Contract Junior Engineer.
- The Border Roads Organization, which is part of the Ministry of Defence, also enrolls Engineers in the role of Junior Engineers in the Civil Engineering field.
- The Central Water Commission and Central Water Power Research Station department recruits Civil and Mechanical Engineers for the role of Junior Engineers.
The professional life of a Junior Engineer begins in the selected department based on the engineering specialization and scores secured in this examination.
Junior Engineer’s life after clearing SSC JE comprises several roles and responsibilities that must be accomplished with the required results. It contributes to the timely completion of the tasks and successful functioning of the respective department. Here are some of the top responsibilities of a Junior Engineer.
- Junior Engineers assist in the different operations occurring in their department to understand the aspects associated with the respective department’s functioning.
- Planning forms an integral part of every department. Junior Engineers create the plans associated with the upcoming and ongoing projects in the respective department.
- The next responsibility of a Junior Engineer is to execute the planned steps related to the project according to the finalized timeline. It is a vital responsibility in the life of a Junior Engineer.
- The Junior Engineer is also responsible for tracking stocks and coordinating with the contractors regarding the service bills. So, stock management is a vital part of a Junior Engineer’s life after clearing SSC JE exam.
- Junior Engineers are assigned to work under the guidance of the Senior Engineers to understand the next-level aspects and functioning of the designation section. Such activities offer them a decent exposure to the functioning of the project series.
Salary and allowance of Junior Engineer
Most Staff Selection Commission Junior Engineer aspirants are curious to know the salary and allowance of Junior Engineer. The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has specified that the Staff Selection Commission Junior Engineer salary falls into the level 6 band matrix associated with the 7th pay commission. The salary and allowance of Junior Engineer are calculated and updated according to the rules and regulations of the Staff Selection Commission.
The updated salary is calculated with the formula: (Basic pay as of 1st January 2016 x 2.57) + Allowances (the allowances offered to the SSC Junior Engineer are mentioned below.)
According to this matrix, the salary of an SSC Junior Engineer ranges between Rs. 35,000 and Rs. 1,12,400. The final amount that an SSC JE receives in-hand after including the updated salary and allowances comes around Rs. 44,000.
List of Allowances:
While talking about the salary and allowance of Junior Engineer, it’s crucial to understand the structure of allowances as it forms an integral part of the life of a Junior Engineer after clearing the SSC JE examination. Here are the allowances included in the pay structure of an SSC Junior Engineer.
- Dearness Allowance: This allowance, popularly known as DA is a part of the basic salary. This part of the salary aims to offer employees a motive to manage the inflation rate.
- Medical Allowance: Medical Allowance is a facility where the Government pays a particular amount for the employee’s medical expenses. Medical Allowance (includes cash medical benefits and group mediclaim.
- House Rent Allowance: This is also known as HRA. The employee receives this amount in case of utilization of rental accommodation.
- Travelling Allowance: The Government pays the employee’s work-related traveling expenses including food and stay costs in the form of Travelling Allowance (TA). You must be ready to utilize the TA as a Junior Engineer’s life after clearing SSC JE includes a decent number of work trips.
- Other special allowances: These special allowances include paid leaves, gratuity, and monthly pension after retirement. These allowances are a crucial part of the professional life of a Junior Engineer.
These allowances are added with the base salary while calculating the in-hand salary for the position of a Junior Engineer.
Let’s find out the most commonly asked questions asked before starting with the SSC JE exam preparation:
Is SSC JE a Group B or C position?
SSC Junior Engineer role is a Group B position. It is a non-gazette role that is included in the 6th level.
Who is a Junior Engineer?
Junior Engineer is an engineering professional who joins the organization and works under the guidance of the Senior Engineer.
Is SSC JE conducted every year?
Yes. The Staff Service Commission conducts the Staff Selection Commission Junior Engineer examination every year.
How many vacancies are present for the SSC JE examination?
Usually, the SSC JE examination has 1000+ vacancies every year.
Can I crack SSC JE in just 3 months?
Yes. It is possible to crack Staff Selection Commission Junior Engineer in just 3 months with dedicated SSC JE exam preparation.
How many attempts are allowed in the SSC JE examination?
There is no specific number of attempts allowed in the SSC JE examination. Instead, the eligible candidates need to keep a check on the age limit. The age limit criteria associated with the Staff Selection Commission Junior Engineer exam vary from one post to another. Here, the age limit is from 21 to 30 years of age. So, you need to plan and execute your SSC JE online preparation with the proper strategy to achieve the selection in this exam and cherish the quality of life of a Junior Engineer.
Which is the best coaching institute for SSC JE exam preparation?
SSC JE exam preparation requires proper guidance during each of the phases of this exam preparation. One must choose the best coaching institute for Staff Selection Commission Junior Engineer exam preparation with proper research and planning. Every Staff Selection Commission Junior Engineer aspirant must focus on creating a dedicated schedule for SSC JE online preparation.
What are the growth opportunities for a Junior Engineer?
The life of a Junior Engineer involves several challenges that must be accepted and passed with the best efforts, knowledge, and wisdom. Based on the performance, a Junior Engineer receives the opportunity to get promoted to the position of Section Engineer and Executive Engineer.
Thus, these are some of the crucial aspects associated with the Junior Engineer’s life after clearing SSC JE. So, if you are planning to crack this exam, then get started with the Staff Selection Commission Junior Engineer exam preparation from today and feel proud to gift yourself an amazing life after clearing SSC JE examination as a Junior Engineer.
Hope now you have a clear concept regarding the life of a Junior Engineer.
All the best with your SSC JE exam preparation!